Click here to view Beever's full curriculum vitae
Areas of Specialization and Competence:
Specialization: Ethics, Applied Ethics (Animal, Environmental, Bioethics)
Competence: Environmental Philosophy, History of Philosophy (East and West), 20th century philosophy
- Understanding Digital Ethics: Cases and Contexts. 2018. Jonathan Beever, Rudy McDaniel, Nancy Stanlick.Taylor and Francis.
- The Way of Nature or the Way of Grace: Philosophical Themes in Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life. 2016. Jonathan Beever and Vernon W. Cisney (Eds.). Northwestern University Press.
- “The Mountain and the Wolf: Leopold’s Uexkullian Influence.” 2017. Beever, Jonathan. Resilience: A Journal of the Environmental Humanities
- “The Ontology of Species: Commentary on Kasperbauer’s ‘Should We Bring Back the Passenger Pigeon? The Ethics of De-Extinction’”. Beever, Jonathan. Ethics, Policy, and Environment.
- “Justifying Moral Standing by Biosemiotic Particularism.” 2016. Beever, Jonathan and Morten Tønnessen. Zeitschrift fur Semiotik #1/2.
- “Interview on Biosemiotic Ethics with Wendy Wheeler.” 2016. Zeitschrift fur Semiotic #1/2. Jonathan Beever, Morten Tønnessen, and Yogi Hale Hendlin.
- “Introducing Biosemiotic Ethics.” 2016. Zeitschrift fur Semiotik #1/2. Morten Tønnessen, Jonathan Beever, and Yogi Hale Hendlin.
- “Teaching Ethics Ecologically: Decision-Making Through Narrative.” 2016. Beever, Jonathan. Teaching Ethics.
- “Bioethics and the Challenge of the Ecological Individual.” 2016. Beever, Jonathan and Nicolae Morar. Environmental Philosophy.
- “The Porosity of Autonomy: (Some) Replies to our Colleagues.” 2016. Beever, Jonathan and Nicolae Morar. American Journal of Bioethics 16(4): W4-W6w. (responses to published peer commentary).
- “The Porosity of Autonomy: Social and Biological Constitution of the Individual in Biomedicine.” 2016. Beever, Jonathan and Nicolae Morar. American Journal of Bioethics 16(2).
- “Reflexive Principlism As An Effective Approach for Developing Ethical Reasoning in Engineering.” 2016 [online Feb 2015]. Beever, Jonathan and Andrew Brightman. Science and Engineering Ethics 22(1):275-291. DOI 10.1007/s11948-015-9633-5.
- Perspectives in Bioethics, Science, and Public Policy. 2013a. Purdue University Press. ed. Beever, Jonathan and Nicolae Morar. (under contract.)
- “Baudrillard’s Simulated Ecology.” 2013b. Sign Systems Studies. Beever, Jonathan.
- “Violence, Terrorism, and the Symbolic Response.” 2012a. International Journal of Baudrillard Studies. Beever, Jonathan.
- “Meaning Matters: The Biosemiotic Basis of Bioethics.” 2012b. Biosemiotics, 5:2. 181-191. Beever, Jonathan.