Click here to view Beever's full curriculum vitae
Areas of Specialization and Competence:
Specialization: Ethics, Applied Ethics (Animal, Environmental, Bioethics)
Competence: Environmental Philosophy, History of Philosophy (East and West), 20th century philosophy
• Perspectives in Bioethics, Science, and Public Policy. 2013a. Purdue University Press. ed. Beever, Jonathan and Nicolae Morar. (under contract.)
“Baudrillard’s Simulated Ecology.” 2013b. Sign Systems Studies. Beever, Jonathan.
• “Violence, Terrorism, and the Symbolic Response.” 2012a. International Journal of Baudrillard Studies. Beever, Jonathan.
• “Meaning Matters: The Biosemiotic Basis of Bioethics.” 2012b. Biosemiotics, 5:2. 181-191. Beever, Jonathan.
• Beever, Jonathan. "Symbolic Violence as Subtle Virulence: The Philosophy of Terrorism." 2011. Proceedings: Revisioning Terrorism. Purdue University Press ePub. <http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/revisioning/2011/910/18>.
• Springer, John A., Jonathan Beever, Nicolae Morar, Jon E. Sprague, and Michael D. Kane. 2010. “Ethics, Privacy, and the Future of Genetic Information in Healthcare Information Security”. Information Assurance and Security Ethics in Complex Systems: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. IGI Global.